CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Santa Claus is coming to town.........

Hello everyone!! I know some of you are now groaning, shouting "it's September!!" at the screen, but it's only 3 months ish until Santa is on his way! Woohoo as I love Christmas. Everything about it. I can't wait to buy more folksy type decorations this year from a local farm, to go with my new decor!

Anyway, I'm in the mood big time for making Christmas cards and i've made one of my bigger 8x8" cards. I just adoreeeeeeeeee this LOTV image and will be using this little man a lot I think. I have also used some more angel hair paper that I found in my stash as well as some red sequins that I bought in the January sales from WHSmith, with using them on cards in mind.
I hope you like it! :







I found these lush papers in my stash from Blonde Moments and thought they went perfectly with the colours i'd used and the baubles on them. I loved glittering up the tinsel for proper shimmer. I've used my bug to emboss the red card to add more "bauble" shapes. I bought a ribbon maker, just a cheapy from papermania, as I just couldn't tie a bow and it sit flatter. I've still had trouble sticking this one on, and will need to cover up the sticky pad a bit more! 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz Challenge: Inspired by a song.

Secret Crafter- inspired by a song. 

(My song, obviously being "santa claus is coming to town") 

Passion for promarkers- Theme- Beary special 

___________________________________

I hope you are all having a nice Wednesday. I'm still not feeling great, but managed to have a nice little walk with Millie moo and now printing some nitwits papers out whilst singing to Take That! It reminds me of seeing them this year at Wembley with my mum. We both still get a bit choked up when we talk about it as it was just so so good and very special for us to share it together. We are going to see Josh Groban in November too, which will be very special. If you haven't heard of him he has the most beautiful voice and his song "To where you are" is very special to us as we played it at Grandad's funeral and we always think of him when we hear it. It's a beautiful song if you've not heard it and if you have lost someone dear to you, it will probably mean as much to you as well.

Thank you as always for your comments. I do love coming on and seeing messages from you lovely lot! Have a good evening. oh and one more thing..... 4 more sleeps until Downton Abbey returns!! My god I just simply adore that programme and squeal everytime I see the advert!! lol 





11 comments:

Laney said...

super card !!
thanks for joining us at Charisma this time would love to see you next time too
hugs
laney

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous i do love James, love the layers and colours too perfect hugs pops x

Leah l'Orange said...

i love this! the sequins are fabulous, and the sparkly garland is just perfect! thanks for joining the Charisma Galz for this week's challenge, and good luck!

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card Kerryn, love the image and papers.
Hugs Emma x

Claire said...

This is a gorgeous card Kerryn - love the papers and all the elements. I use silicone or 3D glue (like pinflair) to attach my ribbons as there is much more movement before it dries and they sit as flat as you want them to be. Have a fab day. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

stunning card kerryn.your colours and details are fabulous and i love the gorgeous image ;D

xx coops xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Thanks for joining our "Inspired by a song" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week :)

Hugs Jane x

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Kerryn, love the cute image and gorgeous xmas colours. Hope you're well hun.

Donna x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card. Love this bear, and your papers and layout are fab. Thanks for joining in at PFP :o) Lisa x

Andie's Space said...

Hi Kerryn,
This little fella is just so cute & I love the glittery tinsel. Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers & Secret Crafters this week.
Hugs,
Andie xx

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Such a cute bearyChristmascard. Thank you for joining in on our theme this week at PfP - hope to see you on our next on as well.
Hugs, Anja