CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 12 September 2011

Sketch and stash challenge 70.

hello bloggers! I hope you are all as well as possible. I'm thinking of all you northerners who are getting the tail end of hurricane Katia. I hope not too much damage is done. It's been windy "down souf" but it's been quite a nice day. I enjoyed a bit of a blow about walking Millie as I'm feeling rotten, so it gave me a nice bit of fresh air.
I've had to give in and take the antibiotics as the pain has spread all up the side of my neck and ear and I have a horrible headache and even pain in my eye sockets, so it would be silly to not take them. 



I've been a crying mess lately. I don't know what's got into me. I cried a lot yesterday watching the memorials for 9/11. I watched the British memorial and seeing those poor families read out their family members or friends names and then placing those roses was just so emotional. So so sad, that after 10 years, it still seems so raw.
  I then cried watching a gorilla give birth to a little baby, on a programme I watched. I adore animals and seeing how natural birth was for her and how she pulled him out as she gave birth was just amazing. She kept lifting him up to look at him and it brought tears to my eyes!
  Then I cried at the X factor, which I do most weeks, as I'm a soppy cow! lol

Then today, I was talking to my sis and she was telling me about hearing a song on the radio that made her sob in the kitchen, as it was played at our grandad's funeral. I had forgotten about it, due to my memory problems, and she played me some, and bloody hell did it bring those memories back, so I cried my eyes out again!! My family are all feeling very emotional at the minute, as we lost him 10 years ago this month. It was not long after the 9/11 attacks, so I think it's all just reminding us of the pain and upset we all went through. He was the first close person we had lost, and we were all very close to him, so it's still hard after 10 years. You never quite get over losing someone you love do you!

So, i'm hoping I have no more tears today as i'm all cried out! lol. I am quite content though, so at least i'm not feeling down with it.

          _____________________________________________________



Right, onto my card. I am trying to keep my mind on something other than how rough I feel, so I wanted to have a go at the new challenge over at Sketch and stash. It is an open challenge to use any of the sketches on the blog.

I chose this sketch, no. 52:





and here is what I did with it:



Close up of adorable Tilda. 

Close up of snowflake charm. 

Close up of sentiment. 

I was so excited when these gorgeous Whimsy stamps arrived this morning from the US. I expect they will be used a lot of my Christmas cards this year! 
I also found some gold angel hair, when I went through some Christmas stash i'd put away, and thought it went perfect with this card. (Tilda's socks are more glittery in real life.) I think all this card needs is some Christmassy flowers, but I haven't got any yet, so when I can afford it, I'll be ordering some from wild orchid crafts! 

I've just seen that part two of the challenges there are to use new or neglected stash and to mention which is which. Well my new are the Whimsy Stamps, and my neglected is the angel hair paper!  

I hope you all have a nice evening and thank you as always for any comments left. They are really appreciated xxx

8 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kerryn,
This is a beautifully crafted card. The colours are gorgeous and Tilda is stunning. I am loving this card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Kerryn, this is so gorgeous. I love how you've coloured Tilda and the papers and embellies are beautiful. Hope the antibiotics work their magic soon hun, you must be so fed up of feeling poorly. Huge hugs.

Donna x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Kerryn...and I love the layout you chose too hun...and thank you for your lovely message on my blog...

Ooh Gary Barlow....I don't normally like fair men...but he is a bit of alright...as they say down souf...lol...

have a lovely evening and thanks for joining us at SnS too...hugs Vicky xx

Whisper said...

Ooo fabby hun, am loving the charm and tag, Luv Sam x

Claire said...

This is a lovely card hun, gorgeous image and love the colours. Hope the antibiotics kick in very soon hun and you start to feel better and sometimes it's great to let everything out of your system and have a good old cry. Take care, Claire xx

coops said...

gorgeous card kerryn.the image is so sweet and i love your colours and fab sentiment stamp :D
i hope you feel lots better soon.

xx coops xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card & Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash..Good luck :D
hugs and xxx
Gemma

printed rucksacks said...

The colours are gorgeous and Tilda is stunning. The beautiful thing of your card is her dress. Using paper with fabric is totally unique idea, Can 't wait to make one for myself.