CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 8 June 2012

I {HEART} DISTRESS INKS!

Hello everyone! I hope you have all had a good week. What crappy weather we've been having. I really do hope we have some much needed sunshine soon.
It's been the wettest drought I've ever known. People in Africa who really suffer, would dream of our "drought" !!



I've had Emily all this week as it's been half term. Her poor mum misses her so much but she says as long as Emily is happy she doesn't mind. So we've been doing some colouring again and I've taught her how to use distress inks. We are now both in love with them! I love how delicate you can make the colours and just how easy they are to blend (once you have the right card!).

I feel like i'm really getting to grips with them and have really enjoyed sitting there creating little pieces of art work. I hope you like! (no cards yet, as my craft desk is piled with clothes and allsorts and needs a major tidy up!)


(This one needs some shadow added under the mushroom.)




I need to finish this one off with the black shadows as it really adds depth to them. 


I just adore these stamps! They are always a pleasure to colour. 

_______________________________________________

Now here are my Emily's efforts and I only showed her such a small bit before she went for it. She loves them. I was very proud of her and love how she even says that she is proud of herself when she does one well. Bless her. 




Hasn't she done so well. I really love that she has a love for crafts too and I know it'll be something we can share all our lives. 

I am ridiculously excited tonight as my auntie has had an amazing month at work (running her own pet shipping business) and she rang me and said she was giving my sis and I £100 each, so of course I went right onto the Glitterpot website and spent that in less than 10 mins!! lmao. I can't wait to get even more gorgeous magnolias and the doo hickey fence die that i've wanted for ages! It's actually scary how quickly that amount of money can be spent! Although as I'm too poorly to have a normal social life, I think it's so worth it as crafting is my therapy and something I can do (unless i'm having a relapse). maybe the NHS should prescribe craft vouchers!! lol

I've sent Emily home as I am wiped out so am going to have a relaxing, quiet weekend and will do some more colouring. I wish you all a happy weekend and hope you get some crafting time too. Lots of love xxxxx







8 comments:

Sally said...

Hi Kerryn......wow your colouring is just brilliant. I love the look of the Distress inks but I can't go down that road......lol.
They really are beautifully coloured. Glad you and Emily can share your love for craft and she did a fantastic job too.
We are off to Wales on Monday for 11 days and as I don't hold out much hope for the weather I have colouring pencils ready to go!
Have a lovely weekend and can't wait to see more colouring.
Hugs Sally xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Your colouring is just superb....those are going to make wonderful cards.
Completely agree about crafting on the NHS!!!!!

Michelle J M said...

Gosh Kerryn your colouring is amazing and so is that of Emily's. I remember when you were trying out the distress inks, well you have certainly mastered it! Gorgeous! Michelle x

Debs said...

Hi Kerryn
Amazing colouring - look forward to seeing them turned into beaituful cards.
Thanks for poppinhg by my blog and being my newest follower.
Take care
Debs xx

Claire said...

You have coloured those images so well - all beautiful and so are Emily's. Have a great weekend sweetie. Hugs, Claire x

Donna Mosley said...

Hi Kerryn, wow! you and Emily have coloured these lil' cuties perfectly. I bet you will be waiting at the door for the postie with your goodies.

Donna x

Karen P said...

Hi Kerryn, it's good to hear you are having such a nice time with Emily. The colouring on both of them is fabulous! I'm just starting to play at water colours with my distress inks and it is nowhere as good as you two! I will be comparing mine to yours to see where I've gone wrong from here on in! hugs Karen x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie wow your colouring is awesome, I have just got them and cannot even get one to work lololol x x x