Hello everyone!!
Another very grotty, wet and windy day. Don't you just love the British summer time!
Another very grotty, wet and windy day. Don't you just love the British summer time!
I have made a quick card for my dad for sunday, but it's always something that makes me a bit sad as my dad isn't really what you'd call a great dad. He doesn't really make an effort with my sister and I at all, and despite living only 10-15 mins away, we barely see him. He hardly shows and interest or emotion, and it's at this time of year when I envy those who are lucky enough to have a great dad who loves them.
Despite this I can't not make one, despite him saying not to bother or waste money, but it wouldn't feel right if I didn't.
So I just made a quick card, and a funny sentiment that sums him up well as he is a bit of a handy man. I hope you like it.
Despite this I can't not make one, despite him saying not to bother or waste money, but it wouldn't feel right if I didn't.
So I just made a quick card, and a funny sentiment that sums him up well as he is a bit of a handy man. I hope you like it.
The shading doesn't seem to show up at all on the bear, but it is more shaded than it looks. I do love these Elzybells stamps, and can't wait to see what Elizabeth, the designer does, now she is designing for penny black.
I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
secret crafter- male card
cupcake craft challenge- oh boy oh boy oh boy
little red wagon- for dad
Scrappy frogs- simply red.
papertake weekly- dads and lads
craft us crazy- father's day/masculine
wags and whiskers- one for the boys
I've also done some colouring of images today as I've been too tired to do much else. I'm slowly getting used to promarkers but of course, now need loads more to have a wider range of colours!!
(excuse the bad photo as it's on my phone)
I got the adorable new girlie stamps from LOTV today. I am so impressed again with how fast their delivery is, and the stamps stamp so well. I love them! I daren't even think how much I've spent on new stamps recently. The way I look at it is that i'm too poorly to go out and live like normal, so crafting is my passion and hobby.
I thought i'd give you all a look at what I found when I got out of the bath today:
again, i'm sorry for poor photo, but I just grabbed my camera when I saw how cosy she looked. I do adore my little fur baby.
I hope you are all ok and have a nice weekend x x x x







16 comments:
Now that photo of your pooch looks familiar, sort of thing Whisper would do, make herself comfortable on our bed !!!
Fabby card am loving the candy dots round the image - what do they say about families, you can pick and choose your friends, but you can't pick and choose your family !!!, i don't even know where mine is and i really don't care either.
Luv Sam x
That's a great card hun but such a sad story about your Dad, but I can see why you still make one. Your images look fab and can't wait to see them on some cards and your little doggy is soooo cute and does in fact look very cosy indeedy. LOL. Have a great weekend sweetie. Hugs, Claire x
Hello Kerryn, you have been a busy bee. So many fab cards in the making by the looks of it and cant wait to see what you do with the LOTV Stamps. I love your fathers day card and a great sentiment. Enjoy a soggy weekend!
Clairexx
What a gorgeous male card. I love all the little details and the candy. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck! x
Hello Kerryn!
ooh I had a heavy heart when I read about your Dad, he is very lucky to have such a caring and considerate daughter in you. Im sure one day he will realise.
Its sooooo lovely to have you back in blogland, I did go looking for you a few months back as I was worried about you and figured that maybe you may have been feeling a bit unwell to craft.
Its great that you are back and getting into the swing of things again, especially as youve been busy buying lots of yummy new stamps!! Cant wait to see them made up into beautiful cards!
And as for Millie?? Well she is just totally adorable and I can tell just how much you treasure her!
They all love sleeping on our comfy beds dont they!
Especially after weve fluffed up the feather bed they always jump on it way before we even get a look in and the tell-tale flattened bits are the give away!!
Have a super weekend Kerryn and take care of yourself.
Keryn xx
Hi Kerryn,
What a fabulous man card. I love the sentiment.
Gorgeous wee pooch.
Hugs,
Fiona x
fantastic card kerryn.the image is fab and i love the striking colours.i`ve not seen my "real" dad since i was 14(my choice) despite him living a couple of miles down the road but i have an amazing stepdad.
can`t wait to see the cards you makw with all your coloured images and your wee dog looks so cosy :D
xx coops xx
Adorable blog and that fathers day card so adorable.
Fab male card and such a lovely choice of papers and image! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x
Hi Keryn, this is a really fab and fun card. Love the great image and embellies. I love it! Hope your Dad appreciates it hun. Aww! your little doggy is just so cute snuggled up in bed, what a little honey. Hope she moves up for you later. Love all the fab images and great colouring. That little lot will keep you busy.
Hugs Donna x
The colors and design in this project are stunning and perfect for our One for the Boys challenge at Wags N'Whiskers! Thanks so much for joining us, good luck and hope to see you again next time!
Hugs
Tammy Louise
Fabulous card! It's so great to see so much inspiration for masculine projects. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. xx
Terrific card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!
Hi sweetie, this is wonderful a really great layout too, hugs pops x
That's a nice card you made, even if your Dad doesn't appreciate it!! yes, our little Haggis not only sleeps on one of the beds during the day but also during the night - and if he can get his head on the pillow he will, even if it means my hubby has to go and sleep on the sofa! What's that saying - Let sleeping dogs lie - if no one knows why, it's because they growl if you wake them up with a shock!! like turning over! mary G x
I think your card is super cute! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)
Post a Comment