I had my 11 year old niece, Emily and cousin Jade to stay with me for 2 nights for a little treat in the summer holidays. They love spending time together and Jade hadn't stayed here before so it was fun time at Auntie Kezza's!
As I have lots of crafting to do for the craft fair, I thought i'd set the girls up on my bed with lots of crafty bits and let them make some cards. They are both creative girls who enjoy art, so I knew they'd make some nice ones.
They made great use of my paper scraps box and bits of ribbon and glitter pens. They both loved my promarkers and tried to use every colour I think! lol
I thought you'd like to see some creations from them as they worked so hard and it all came from them.
This is my pride and joy, my niece Emily, who I adore spending time with and am very close to. (I'm her second mummy really). This card she made for her mum for starting her new job with our Auntie's business:
I wish I'd taken a close up of this card. I just love the colours she chose and how neatly she had coloured the background paper. It's glittered in places too and she blended some colours as well. My sis completely adored it as you can imagine!
Here are her other two cards:
She made this one for her beloved little doggie. She said she knows Shiloh won't understand but she loves her and wanted to make a doggie card! So cute.
I can't remember who this one was for but she adored my Magnolia butterfly stamp and glittery card. I love how kids don't care what colours go together and just use them all!
This is Jade with her favourite card:
This is Jade with her favourite card:
She made this beautiful card for her little 4 year old sister. It also has lots of glitter pen over it and I love how she has used the fluffy ribbon around the frame.
here are her other cards:
here are her other cards:
These were for her two brothers. One who is now 14 and is away at cadet camp. The get well card is for her baby brother, who is poorly with a chest virus and bad throat :-(
She also made these too:
This is for her dad's (my uncle) new job
and this last one is for her dad's fiance.
I was so proud of them and they were in their element creating and cutting and sticking. My bedroom now looks a right mess and I'll be picking up scraps of card and tape paper for ages! lol
_______________________________________________
I was so proud of them and they were in their element creating and cutting and sticking. My bedroom now looks a right mess and I'll be picking up scraps of card and tape paper for ages! lol
_______________________________________________
Right, now I really need some help. I want a "business" name for my stall and so I can make more of a go at selling my stuff.
Now I am stuck, as I am mentally and physically exhausted from having the girls and my brain doesn't seem to want to work.
I would rather not just got for the easy "Kerryn's crafts" option. I'd like something that I can use as a theme throughout everything I make, as well as business cards etc....
Now I am stuck, as I am mentally and physically exhausted from having the girls and my brain doesn't seem to want to work.
I would rather not just got for the easy "Kerryn's crafts" option. I'd like something that I can use as a theme throughout everything I make, as well as business cards etc....
So I thought about things I love and it's come down to snails, ladybugs and butterflies. Pretty typical I know, but they are something I can use as a theme.
I also normally stamp "handmade by Kerryn" on the back of my cards, alongside either a little ladybug stamp from Elzybells, or a little snail or flower, just to add a cute touch.
I'm quite drawn to snails and cute doodles of them and as my life is now mostly at a "snail's pace" due to my illnesses, I thought it would bring something personal to it. Saying that does it insinuate that I'm slow at crafting? I do have to make sure I tell buyers that I do sometimes need a few weeks to get things made, but I haven't had a problem with this so far.
I also normally stamp "handmade by Kerryn" on the back of my cards, alongside either a little ladybug stamp from Elzybells, or a little snail or flower, just to add a cute touch.
I'm quite drawn to snails and cute doodles of them and as my life is now mostly at a "snail's pace" due to my illnesses, I thought it would bring something personal to it. Saying that does it insinuate that I'm slow at crafting? I do have to make sure I tell buyers that I do sometimes need a few weeks to get things made, but I haven't had a problem with this so far.
So, can you lovely lot help me and throw some suggestions at me?
Are any of these ok?:
Snail crafts? (doesn't work does it?)
Ladybug crafts?
Ladybird crafts?
Kerryn's Krafty makes?
Kerryn's crafty makes?
Kerryn's crafty corner?
Crafts by Kezza?
Kerryn's crafty corner?
Crafts by Kezza?
I would appreciate it so much to have any help with this. Thank you in advance xxx I wish you all a good day. I hope you are having some sun where you are. It's dull and grey, with rain due here. Lovely summer weather as always! lol







9 comments:
The cards are absolutely brilliant....I bet you had such a great time.
I will get my thinking cap on
Crafty Bugs and Butterflies by Kerryn....... :)
have a lovely evening.
hugs Sally xxx
Hi
Fabulous cards ....stunning ....love them all
hugs sylvie
xxxx
WOW they made some fabulous cards - all lovely. Now in respect of a crafty name, how about Flutterby Crafts / Bugs & Butterflies Crafts / Bugs, Snails & Butterfly Trails / Krafty Kerryn / Kerryn's Krafts / Ladybug Crafts / Crafting at a Snail's Pace ???? Any good LOL. If I think of anymore I will let you know. Hugs, Claire xx
Wow, wow, wow....what a fabulous, gorgeous and stunning collection of cards girls...you have been busy wee bees....!
Now Kerryn...you have got my lil brain thinking and what about.. SNAILS AND CRAFTY TRAILS BY KERRYN ...or BUTTERFLY WINGS AND CRAFTY THINGS BY KERRYN...or LADYBUGS AND CRAFTY HUGS BY KARRYN...I'm not too good at these..but it's good fun trying..lol..
let us know how you get on sweetie..hugs Vicky xx
Another suggestion from Mike.....
Critterbug Crafts....
Hugs Sally xxx
These are stunning sweetie x x x
Wow! what tallented girls! all their cards are amazing - fabulously designed and coloured! No wonder you're proud! hugs, Jane x
fantastic cards girls.you`ll need to hide your crafty stash now kerryn :D
mmmmmmm thinking of a name........
kerryns critter creations or critterbug crafts or kerryns crafty bug makes.
lol, i`m not too good at these am i :D
xx coops xx
What a super time youve been having with your niece and cousin. Looks like it was a real girly time and so many beautiful cards have been made also!
I bet the girls had a whale of a time!
Keryn x
Post a Comment