Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a nice bank holiday monday.
Well, the craft fair didn't go so well. :-( I was there a few hours before starting to feel really wiped out and in pain and very cold! So my mum brought me home and my lovely sis stayed on my stall to try keep selling.
More disappointing was that I hardly sold much at all :-( I sold 2 cards when I was there and my sis has sold 1. I feel so disheartened and wonder why people just don't seem to buy.
I've worked so hard for weeks for this and it just seems like it was all for nothing. A lady picked up my baby girl album and said how original and beautiful it was but when she asked how much and I said £25, she put it down and wandered off. So I then put the albums at £20 which would mean I was barely making anything from them, but people seem to think that is too expensive.
They don't think about how much the materials cost and the fact that they take me 6-8 hrs to make each one.
To be honest the only people that ever really seem to appreciate my work are my family and you lovely people. You all have the same love as I do and see all the little details.
I might try the Xmas fayre they are organising, but maybe that'll be the same?
I was thinking of maybe trying to sell on etsy. Do any of you sell on there? I know i'm not going to get rich making things, but I would love to make enough to keep funding my crafting hobby.
Thank you all for your support and comments. It is lovely to share my love of craft with people that really "get it" if you know what I mean.
I'm sorry for a downhearted post, but I'm feeling a bit gutted :-(
Faltam 43 dias para a chegada do Natal ♥
6 years ago







6 comments:
Oh Babe so sorry to hear of your disappointment hun....but if you pop over to my blog you might get a little smile....
Sadly peeps don't get the the hard work and thought/love that's in a handcrafted gift...but do try Esty...you never know...and your work is just gorgeous hun...and I'm chuffed to bits you liked my wee name too....even tho' I'm a gooner...lol...
Well yesterday performance was just awful...but I think North London teams are not doing to well at all...lol...but we will not talk about that hehehe...!
have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx
Oh! Kerry, sorry the craft fair was a disappointment hun, especially after all the hard work you put in. Your work is so beautiful, I have loved seeing all your gorgeous makes.
Hope Vicky's post cheered you up.
Hugs
Donna x
Oh sweetie that is pants
, so sorry that the fair didn't go as well as expected and I can understand why you feel so gutted after all the work and effort you put in. Don't feel disheartened hun, your work is fabulous and those who appreciate it will always buy it. Big hugs, Claire xx
Sorry to hear it didnt go well, i also think people dont get the time and effort i only get £1.50 for my crads and they are decorated inside and out and come with a hadmade box 9 times out of 10 i loose out big style, i get we can get one from crad factory for 53p well go getone then...
Dont give up though hugs pops x x x
Awww Kerryn try not to be too disheartened. From what Ive gathered over the couple of years since Ive started blogging Ive noticed that craft fayres down south here arent usually very good places for us crafters to sell our goodies.
Maybe its because so many of us are making such things ourselves or maybe its just that the financial climate is really biting extra hard now.
Whatever the reason I dont think you should take it to heart, I know thats easy for us to say but we all get knocked down from time to time.
Just you keep your albums for those people that really can appreciate them with all of the love and attention that you pour into them.
Have you thought that maybe ebay may be another good place to try to see those beautiful albums? You could take a few photos and test it, it wont cost alot to try.
You're bound to feel tired as youve been working so hard for so long building up your stock so just enjoy the rest for a few days whilst you gather your thoughts and plans for the future!
Hope you enjoy the lovely weather thats due to arrive for us this week!
Keryn x
Hi Kerryn, my name is Clare and I am one of Keryn's friends. I have just become a member on your blog and I have got to say that your work is beautiful. I raise money for charity with my card making and crafty creations and even the people there squeak when they walk even though they know the money I make go directly to charity. We put so much hard work into our craft and people just have no clue the time, money and pain (for us poorlies!) that goes into the work. It can be incredibly disheartening but please do not give up hun. I agree with Keryn on the EBAY selling as it is a good place to start without having to pay out lots of money to find out if it is going to work or not. I have a couple of friends who have set up a link on their blog and used their blog to sell their hand crafted cards and gifts which is totally free. If you would like me to email you their links or would like any more info you can contact me on earlygirl1@hotmail.co.uk just remember to keep your chin up and carry on enjoying what you are clearly good at!!! big hugs Clare xxx
Post a Comment