My fingers are now healed enough to make cards! The one that was damaged more is still sore at times and feeling a bit tight where the new skin has grown, but being able to use it again is lovely!!
As i've said before, I am hoping to do a craft fair on bank holiday monday, so I have lots of crafting to get done!
I wasn't feeling at all well yesterday morning, but by the end of the afternoon I started to feel a little better, so managed to make some cards with some images I already had coloured in.
I really love working on these bigger sized cards and will have to get some more before the fair. I also adore these magnolia stamps, so again used them on this card.
I wasn't at all sure about the colour combination. I would never normally use red with pastel greens and yellows, but I felt the card needed balancing by using some red to match the red on the toadstools, so I tried it and have ended up liking how the colours work. What do you all think??
(I really need to try to take better photos. My photos never seem nice and crisp lately. I may get my camera checked by someone else to see if it's just me.)
I've used a pink petticoat paper and embellished with some doodlebug stickers, a Nellie's die cutting die, and lovely little embellishments that I won from Donna (the little butterfly and flower).
___________________________________________________
Talking of my gorgeous blog candy wins, here are some pics of the bits I won:
This lot I won from Donna, who has a lovely blog. There are so many lovely bits and I spent many a day lying in bed ill, going through it all, thinking of what I could make with what.
Donna also sent this beautifully made card with the goodies. It's still up on my windowsill as it's so pretty! Thank you again Donna. xxx
I also was lucky enough to win this gorgeous lot of candy too from Sam's lovely blog here:
I was so excited to win some nesties and I keep seeing them used, but with a low income I can't seem to afford them. The rectangles will be perfect for cards and I can't wait to use the long one not only on cards, but on scrapbook pages.
The little stamp is perfect as I don't have a best wishes stamp and I adore the charms. Sadly, I already have the two LOLV stamps, as I had bought them just a week before.
I feel I have been so so lucky to win twice, that when I can I will offer some blog candy, which those two stamps will go into (if that's ok Sam?) so they can be won by someone else too. I don't have much spare money after bills and food, so it will take me a while to collect enough bits for a decent candy win, but when I have I will put it on here. It will be a way of me "paying it forward" and well as hopefully getting more followers and meeting new people.
The little stamp is perfect as I don't have a best wishes stamp and I adore the charms. Sadly, I already have the two LOLV stamps, as I had bought them just a week before.
I feel I have been so so lucky to win twice, that when I can I will offer some blog candy, which those two stamps will go into (if that's ok Sam?) so they can be won by someone else too. I don't have much spare money after bills and food, so it will take me a while to collect enough bits for a decent candy win, but when I have I will put it on here. It will be a way of me "paying it forward" and well as hopefully getting more followers and meeting new people.
Anyway, I also got a lovely card from Sam too(shown in the photo above), which is displayed with Donna's and again Thank You Sam for my win!!
_________________________________________
Right back onto my other two cards (i'm sorry this is such a long post!!)
I just adore these cute stamps!! They are so perfect for little girls cards. I kept this quite simple as the paper is so pretty, I didn't want to over crowd it, so I just embellished it with some flowers and pearls and a little butterfly sentiment (another Donna blog candy win), and some spotty ribbon.
Closer up:
This is the last card I have to show today. Again, it's an adorable LOTV stamp. I kept it quite simple again as the paper is quite patterned. I used 2 cute little buttons which matched colours perfectly.
Closer up:
Right, I need to shut up now!! I've got my gorgeous niece and my little cousin coming over to stay tonight, so I'll soon have 2 very excited 11 year old girls to look after. I'm going to give them a selection of crafty bits and they can make some cards tomorrow, whilst I get on with making more too.
Oh before I go here is one more pic. I was on here yesterday and I looked round to see where Millie was and I found her like this:
Pampered pooch much!! lol She still melts my heart after 9 years.
Right I am off this time!! Have a good monday all of you. xxxxxxxx







7 comments:
Hello sweetie, great to see you back and crafting and what beautiful cards you have made too - they are all so lovely and colourful. Congrats to on your two fabbie candy wins, there are certainly loads of fab goodies to play with. Have a lovely day and take care. Hugs, Claire x
Fabby cards hun and i don't mind at all if you want to use them in a blog candy, congrats also on the other win, Luv Sam x
Hiya hun....and thank you for your lovely comments on my bog...so very kind of you and I promise they don't take as long as you think...lol..
I have had a look at your profile sweetie....and you suffer from Fibro...so does my hubby...for the past 11 years...and I fully understand your pain ...
Anyway...enough of my ramblings... your cards are gorgeous and well done too on your wins..!
hugs Vicky xx
Gorgeous cards honey, glad you managed to get some crafting done. Love the LOTV ones they're so cute. Love the ribbon paper it is fab. Oooohhhh look at all the lovely candy you won, I bet you won't know what to use first! Well hope you are doing ok, glad you are back :)
Hugs Sally xxx
Hi Kerryn, I agree with Claire, it's great to see you back crafting and more so, really having fun doing it. I love all of your gorgeous makes, your colouring is amazing and so many pretty details. Big Hugs.
Donna x
Oops! meant to say. Millie is such a cutie and she looks snug as a bug. :o)
Donna x
fantastic cards karryn.i love the gorgeous images and your colours and designs are stunning.
well done on your candy wins, lots of goodies there to play with and aw to your dog, so cute.
take care hun,
xx coops xx
Post a Comment