CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, 13 September 2010

Christmas in September!!

I adore Christmas. I love every little thing about it and i just could not wait to use my gorgeous new magnolia stamps! I've always wanted a bench to sit them on and this little cutie with her santa hat on is just too cute! 

I've made this card for the following challenges:

Colour create- to use Red, Gold and White/cream. (i am literally going to keep everything crossed for this one as there is a lush nestabilities die up for grabs!!) 

Secret Crafter- i've used the sketch given over there. I loved it straight away and it's just worked perfectly on this card. 







I am also now desperate for copics or promarkers, as i still only have watercolour pencils, sakura pens and H20's and i would love the rich colours you get from the pens. 
Any advice on copics or promarkers??


My next, simpler card is for a guy, so i didn't want to go OTT with it. I also went mostly monochrome to macho it up a bit! lol 

It covers 3 challenges:

Friday Sketchers- I followed their sketch. 

Penny Black Sat Challenge- was to make a card for a boy/man. 

cute card thursday- " a play on words" which i knew my "i love moo" stamp would fit just perfectly.


 

9 comments:

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Kerryn,
Your Christmas card is gorgeous. I love the traditional reds and greens. This is a charming card.
The second card is a real fun card. Fantastic work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Claire said...

Two lovely cards hun - that second one is really cute. In your response to copics v PMs, I had this dilemma months ago, but opted for the PMs and I have to say I love them - they have dual tips and come in a wide range of colours which can be blended into each other and also with the blender pen - they are also slightly cheaper than copics, but I think its a personal choice really. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

2 gorgeous cards kerry.i love your christmas card, really beautiful colours and sparkle and fab image on your 2nd card :)

xx coops xx

mckinkle said...

oooh little Millie is simply adorable! I love tan on JRT's (my daughter says that our 2 aren't proper ones as theyre just b&w!). I can see what a happy little thing she is and she looks really cosy in her winter coat!

Gorgeous cards Kerryn, the Tilda does look so sweet sat on the bench and I love the layers and the shades youve chosen too!

Great guy card also, I like using b&w for men, its just perfect for them isnt it!

PM's are cheaper than Copics and they're british! I wouldnt be without mine but beware, they are totally addictive! The Letraset website has some good tips, they also offer free p&p and with every order (so just get 1 or 2 to start!) they send you a 10% voucher! They also do specials on a select range of colours, they do them cheaper and its a good way of slowly adding to your set as they change them fairly regularly.

Keryn x

girlia said...

love it

Julie said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

Liz's creative corner said...

Thanks for joining us at colour create with this gorgeous card, I love copics but I think it's a personal choice and pro markers are much cheaper, hugs Liz xx

Suzie said...

Lovely cards. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week. Suzie x

Annie said...

fabulous cards - I love the moo cow and the fun sentiment! thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x