Right, well health update. I've got a nasty virus on top of everything else now, as you know. Well we then thought it may be glandular fever, as my niece was diagnosed with it recently, but she has improved a bit and we are doubtful if it was the correct diagnosis, so hopefully that too means that I don't have it either.
I have felt very very poorly though, with an awful throat, bad ears, cold symptoms, light headedness, nausea and all the rest. Just yucky and it's wiping me out more than I normally am.
So, I've done nothing all week apart from lay watching tv and colouring images. I'm finding it so relaxing and keeps me occupied when I'm too ill to do anything else. I do find it so hard just laying there doing nothing.
Anyway, I thought i'd share with you some photos of the images i've done so far. I am starting to slowly get to grips with promarkers now and am finding my own technique of using them how I like to. I still have a while to go until my colouring is as good as some I see on blogland, but I'm happy with them more now. I hope you like :
(ooops, I pressed publish, before finishing my post. My brain barely works when I'm this tired).
I adore this image from sugar nellie, but I need to work on how to make it look fluffy and knitted. I tried to make the pen bleed a bit around the heart to make it look fluffier, but it didn't really work.
This is another GORGEOUS sugar nellie stamp. I do love a chubby, jolly santa image.I've added a bit of sparkle to him as well on his buckle and boots and on some of the gifts.
(I'm sorry the photos are a bit dark, but i've taken them this evening.)
Two of my favourite Tilda's in different colour ways. She is just so cute and I love sitting them on things to add some dimension to cards.
Finally I adore this LOTV stamp and loved colouring him:
OOOooo before I forget! I made a card the other day!! My lovely godson was 6 last month, but i've been so poorly and didn't have the money to get his prezzies, so they are very late. :-( Hopefully with his new DS game he won't mind. This is the card I made him:
Before I go I need some advice please. I have seen so many people get such lovely colours using distress inks, so while Craft Obsessions was having an offer on them this past weekend, I ordered a few. I got them today, but when I've gone to use one on the card I use, it just separated and didn't look smooth and even at all. I know they are meant to have a bit of a distressed look, but on tutorials I've watched, they have given lovely deep, even colour. So is there a certain card I need to be using with distress inks and a paintbrush? I'm got some coated card from Rymans (I followed advice from the lovely Vicky on that). Is the coating on it causing this problem?
Here is a photo to show what I mean, but it's not great:
I hope i'm explaining myself well enough. It just didn't seem to spread very well and went very gappy. When I've seen others use them they get a much smoother finish with them. I hope i'm not being stupid and this is how they work. Any advice is very welcome.
I hope you are all as well as possible and avoiding all these yucky bugs going round. Thank you as always for taking the time to read my blog xxxx







15 comments:
Hi Kerryn,
I am so sorry to hear that you are still poorly. I hope things imaprove soon.
Your coloured images are all gorgeous. It's great that you are able to do them while still in bed. The birthday card is gorgeous.
take care,
Hugs,
Fiona x
Gorgeous colouring of images and card and i'm sure your godson will forgive you too, Luv Sam x
All of your coloured images are fabulous and I love the card. Sorry to hear you are still feeling pretty rubbish, I do hope things start to improve for you very soon hun. Hugs, Claire xx
Hi Kerryn, sorry to hear you're still poorly hun, hope you feel better soon. Love the gorgeous coloured images and the card is fab. Big Hugs.
Donna x
Hi sweetie this is just perfect x
I hope you feel 100% better soon Kerryn!
Gorgeous colouring - can't wait to see the final masterpieces!
Dear Kerryn,
Thank you for the lovely comments you posted on my blog earlier. You can definitely enter to win my Christmas candy. I'm so glad I found your blog as well. My favorite thing about blogging is meeting people like you and making new friends. We have a lot of things in common, I also love photography, My sister's keeper is one of my favorite books and I loove the movies "Shall we dance" and "Titanic". Have you seen "The notebook"....my favorite movie ever! so romantic.
Well I hope we stay in touch.
Hugs,
Paola
Hello Kerryn,
Your images are coloured so beautifully and your card is gorgeous too. Sorry to hear you've been so unwell, there's a lot of cold/flu bugs going around these days, it's hard to avoid them, I just came back from America recently, had a fab time with family but then went down with an awful cold, made me feel so weak. I know it's harder for you with your condition, so keep your chin up and take good care of yourself. Loads of hugs Teresa xx
Love all the images, they are so adorable and your card is a perfect boy card, he'll love it and won't mind at all that it's a bit late!
So sorry that you've been feeling so poorly, hopefully you'll start feeling better and better every day!
Your LOTV card is too cute! I love how you put the party hat on him! haha! Fun idea!
I use distress inks all the time and use watercolor paper and a paint brush. I have some youtube videos if you would like to see. If there is a coating on the paper, that is probably why you aren't getting a smooth coverage. Anyhow, thanks for visiting me!!!
Hugs, Dena
Kerryn -Thanks for the sweet comment. I have considered doing a tutorial, but it scares me to death There are a few really good tutorials for using distress ink. Email me and I will send the links.
Julie
Love the colouring, especially the LOTV little boy sitting in the chair!! Sorry yu are feeling yucky, I hope you soon feel a bit better. Thanks for visiting my blog Kerryn, hugs from Mary G x
Oh, very cute colouring of stamps - love the bright job!
Hi Kerryn, Love looking at your beautiful coloring today.. I am sorry to hear that you are not well! I can understand that myself has I have not been well since this past May. uuhhggggggg!!! Anyway I wanted to stop by and THANK YOU for stopping by to see me with your sweet comments. I wish I could help you with distressed inks but I can't. Angie Hunt is a beautiful painter with them and you can find her at the Color Me Classroom blog.
big hugs and feel better soon......Janiel
Hi Kerryn, (Love that name!)Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog and for becomming a follower. Yes the quilt did take a lot of work. I have made many over the years but card making has kind of taken over, you get quicker results! Just been reading your posts and your colouring is so gorgeous. I am so glad that I found you, you inspire. I just so hope your health inproves. Hugs Michelle x
Post a Comment