CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, 27 July 2007

DCM challenge.-Checks


When i saw checks was the theme i knew i wanted to use this lovely doodlebug checked paper. I first picked up the pink sheet, but i tend to use pink so often i went for lilac.
The gorgeous image is a Penny Black stamp, which i coloured using my lovely watercolour pencils from WH Smith.
The pretty flower is a Prima Sprite with a papermania brad pushed through the middle.
I added a sentiment with some doodlebug rub ons and layered it onto some bazzill card and added a small flower brad from Making memories.
Lilac and lime green is such a great combination and keeps the card looking fresh.

18 comments:

mum-on-the-run said...

Wow, you've been busy today Kezza!!

Great card, your colouring is fabulous!!

Nice to see you joining in with the dares ;)

Anonymous said...

This is really fresh looking. I love that stamp - it's on my wish list :)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Beautiful soft colours & Im in love with your frog!

simplyfairies said...

What a cute card, I agree the colour combination works extremely well.....

Angelnorth said...

I love frogs - that's such a great stamp and your colouring work is beautiful. Love the way you've combined all the elements here, great stuff!

Kathy said...

ooooh love the lilac and lime combo - that paper is lovely and that image is really cute.
A very warm welcome to the Daring Cardmakers, it's great to have you joining in

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous and such a cute image!

Gillian said...

G'day and welcome to you Kerryn, so lovely to have you join in the fun with us :O)
love your card, it's so CUTE!!!
love penny black stamps and this one is gorgeous! lovely work on the colouring!

Dani D said...

quack - love it

Anna said...

Hope to see more of your designs on DCM as this one is such fun. I love the frog stamp.

Andrea, said...

Love your cards

Becky Stewart said...

Fab card!

"You've been tagged! Please:- post 7 random things about yourself- tag 7 other bloggers to do the same- Post the "TAGGED" rules here and on the blogs of those you tag- And leave the Tagged bloggers a note/comment so they know they have been tagged."

Cheryl said...

Adorable card! Great job with the watercolors!

jo said...

Great card - love the colour scheme!

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Wow Kerryn, what a stunning card hun well done!

"You’ve been tagged! Please:- post 7 random things about yourself- tag 7 other bloggers to do the same- Post the "TAGGED" rules here and on the blogs of those you tag- And leave the Tagged bloggers a note/comment so they know they have been tagged."
enjoy!

Anice said...

What a lovely card. I think the colours are fab and the stamp is so lovely. Great work.

Louly said...

I love all your cards and my aren't you quick! I really like your hedgehog and that frog is so cute.

SueH said...

Oooo, he's really cute