CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, 31 July 2007

Lauren's sketch challenge


This card is from a sketch challenge by Lauren. I found this one really tricky. Her card looked so great and funky but i just couldnt get the look right. I started with the flower from a Basic Grey Romani Paper(Hippie) for the circle part of the design, and then tried to find some papers to match colourwise. I settled on the yellow swirls from Making Memories, and a burnt orange splattered effect paper from a Provo Craft Bitty scrap pad.
I added a thank u sentiment from an Inca stamp, and matted it onto bazzill card. I felt the yellow swirls needed something else so matted it onto limeade bazzill.
I still felt the card looked out of balance so added some yellowy/orangey gems.
Not my best card but it did really challenge me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This came out great!! Keep tryin it out, you'll get better and better each time.
Thanks for sharing it with me!

mum-on-the-run said...

Lovely card Kerryn!! I've felt that way about a couple of sketches this week, but it's good they really make you think :)

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

Oooh great card Kerryn, I think it's great and well done you for keeping with it!