CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, 17 October 2010

promarker help and advice needed please!

Hey everyone. I've not got any cards to show at the minute as been working on embellishing someones wedding album, but have got the bleedproof pad for the promarkers so am still practising. 

Few questions i need answering. 

I start with the palest colour, and then add a slightly darker where the shadows would fall, i then use small circular movements with the lighter colour again, to blend, but then when i'm blending into the lighter colour, it then goes darker, as i am putting a second layer of that first shade on. 

How do i blend the darker into the lighter so that there is still some of the lightest showing but it's blended gradually into the dark? As i either have lines showing where it isn't blending properly, or i've lost all the lightest colour, as i've gone over it a second time.

The problem maybe where i don't have enough tonal differences with the colours yet, so i might be using too dark a colour, against too light a colour so it won't blend easily??

Here is my latest attempt (excuse the skew wiff photo, but i scanned it and it loses some of the pic if i straighten it) 


The example of where i am going wrong is on the dress. I've also found that rather than using a different colour to add the darker areas, i just go over some bits with the same colour, as i have done on the shoes. 

Anyway, advice would be very welcome from anyone who uses the pens. Thank you in advance. If i need to answer anyone i will add the reply on the comments section. 

Hope you are all as well as possible and having a nice weekend! x x x

3 comments:

mckinkle said...

Hi Kerryn,

I find it depends on the size of the colouring area as to whether I can use more than one colour as I find that if the area is quite limited then I use just the one pen, like youve done on the shoes.
Wheres theres a bit more space I only use a tiny bit of a darker colour as a little goes a long way especially as you say when blending again with the lighter shade it all goes a bit darker. It will appear darker as the ink is wet, it always dries though and then settles as the proper colour; whilst waiting for it to dry a bit I go and shade elsewhere then keep going back and fro between areas that I need to add some depth to.

There's a really good PM tutorial on the Lily of the Valley blog, so check that out as they use the blender pen there. I find I dont really need the blender pen but each to their own!

Here's another great one from Jak Heath http://www.promarkerknowhow.blogspot.com/

I find its good to look at as many tuts as you can and then just practise as we all like a slightly different look.

Im no expert at all with PM's, far from it but I do enjoy using them so much.

Hope this helps, if not then just delete it, I dont mind!!

Have fun!
Keryn x

Kerrie's Crafting Corner said...

I have no clue on promarkers as I just couldn't get on with them sorry... but have you tried you tube for videos? I found they helped me with my copics?

Also I think the type of cardstock really helps with the image... the smooth cardstock is the best

Anonymous said...

will be sending you an email with attachment