They will need some getting used to after using pencils and a waterbrush for years. They are "wetter" than i imagined and it's nice seeing them blend into the paper slightly so no pen marks are made, but i was a bit worried that using the lighter colours to blend, left a sort of "mucky" colour to the image. That clears as the ink dries though, thankfully, but i will need to practise some more before i get the blending bit right. I seem to blend too much into the lighter colours and end up darker than i wanted.
I found a great colour chart ready to be coloured in with the colours i have, so will use that for when i get some more.
here is a quick example of my first attempt on the left using PM's and on the right my usual pencils and waterbrush.
The card i'm using is not great for the pens as it bleeds too much, so i've got a bleedproof pad coming from letraset and i've been told that glossier paper works better.
I think i also need some brighter colours as some of them seem a bit muted to me, as i'm a colour fan, so i'll have to play around with colours to see if they can replicate the pencil colours i like.
Anyway, i'm back off onto the settee as i've got a very swimmy head and it's making feel nauseous sitting up. :-( Hopefully i'll be back crafting very soon!







4 comments:
ooh what colour chart do you have? Be interested in seeing that!!!
I love my promarkers :)
They do take a bit of getting used to, but as you build up your collection and practice more, you will love them .... I do. Hope you start to feel better soon hun. Hugs, Claire x
Hi Kerryn,
I'm sure you'll get the hang of them. Practice makes perfect.
Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs,
Fiona x
Hello Kerryn,
Just wanted to thank you for popping by at my blog, I haven't been there myself for a while (hiding in shame lol) You asked about the 24th december sentiment on my card, its a magnolia stamp, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Good luck with your new promarkers, I have to admit I prefer copics but I wish you luck with them. Take care, love Teresa xx
Post a Comment